In September, EWPN and RedCompass started a call to action campaign to the financial services industry to commit to the battle against human trafficking and modern slavery, with the release of their whitepaper. In a world where there are more slaves today than at any other point in history, what is the role of the financial services industry?
As part of this campaign, EWPN and RedCompass will have the pleasure to discuss this (and much more!) in the first Town Hall Meeting with some distinguished speakers, who are leaders and pioneers in their industry.
The town hall meeting will continue the discussions around the role of Financial Services and provide some practical tips to the audience that want to actively fight the third biggest financial crime in the world or get involved:
- What are NGOs, banks and private-public partnerships doing to tackle MSHT? What more can be done?
- What is the value of the latest legislative changes of the 6AMLD and the adoption of other national initiatives?
- What efforts should be made further to detect the signs of modern slavery?
- What solutions can the financial services industry adopt to tackle MSHT?
We leave sufficient time for the audience to ask questions and hold discussions.
The webinar will be organised in two parts:
A presentation by Ruth Dearnley, CEO of STOP THE TRAFFIK Part II
Panel: The Undetected Signs of Modern Slavery in Financial Services
Moderator: EWPN Co-Founder, Nadja van der Veer
- Ruth Dearnley, CEO of STOP THE TRAFFIK
- Dr Liliya Gelemerova, Head of Transactions Monitoring and Investigations/FIU UK, DMLRO, Commerzbank Director
- Hannah Quinn, RedCompass RedFlag Accelerator
NOTE FOR JOURNALISTS:
Journalists attending the event should email firstname.lastname@example.org and any journalistic questions should be submitted in advance of the event or directly to the organisers. Any Journalist articles need to be approved by the organisers before publication.
Back to events